My 15 minute pasta sauce is rich, flavorful and ready for dinner in just 15 minutes! This easy red sauce is perfect for a weeknight pasta, easy meatball subs, or to pull together a from-scratch lasagna!
- 1 small onion, about 1/3 –1/2 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or thinly sliced
- 2–3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Tomato Paste
- 1, 28oz Can San Marzano Tomatoes, whole or crushed
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt, more to taste
- In a medium sauce pot add your oil and, if you are a fast chopper, you can go ahead and start to heat that up on low.
- Chop the onions and add to the oil and begin to sweat out the moisture. Sweating just means that they are cooking on low and the moisture is slowly being released and evaporated without them burning or browning.
- Mince the garlic or pop open that jarred stuff and add that to the onions. Let those cook for a couple minutes, or until the onions are translucent. This should be done by the time you open your cans and crush your whole tomatoes.
- If you are using whole, peeled tomatoes, then crush them in a bowl or pass them through a ricer.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the rest of your dinner is ready! Bravo! You are a kitchen badda$s.
This sauce can be stored for a week in the refrigerator or several months in the freezer.
Keywords: quick dinner, pasta sauce, italian food