This perfect lemon curd is refreshingly tart with just a hint of sweetness! It is as versatile as it is delicious!
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 100 g Yolks (about 5 yolks)
- 300 g Sugar (1 ⅓ cups)
- 233 g Lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
- ¼ t Kosher Salt
- 100 g Butter (7 tablespoons, cubed)
- In a large sauce pot, whisk together eggs and yolks until smooth and homogenous.
- Whisk in sugar and salt very well.
- Slowly whisk in the lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until nappant. Nappant is when you can dip a spoon or spatula into the custard and draw a line across it with your finger and the custard does not run down the spoon into the line.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Strain into a bowl or a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap, poke a few holes and refrigerate until cold.
Note: You can omit the butter for a dairy free option. It will still be delicious and smooth. The butter adds a richness and silky mouthfeel.
Keeps for a week in the refrigerator.