The Pinot Noir Chili is a rich, comforting chili with ground beef and kidney beans and just a touch of pinot for a beautiful depth of flavor!
- 2 T Canola oil
- 2 lbs Ground beef
- 2 Medium Onions
- 1 ¼ c Pinot Noir
- 2 15 oz cans Kidney beans (not drained)
- 28 oz Can diced tomatoes
- 2 T Chili powder
- 2 t Ancho chili powder
- 1 ½ t Paprika
- 2 t Kosher Salt (more to taste)
- Dice the onions while you heat a 7.25 qt Dutch oven on the stove top (or your favorite soup pot will do). Add 2 T canola oil to the pot and when it is nice and hot, add the onions. Allow to cook until translucent, stirring frequently. It is okay if they caramelize a bit. I like to think of this as flavor.
- Add the ground beef the pot and brown until cooked through. Add the pinot noir and cook down until barely visible.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for several hours. Allow the flavors to meld completely before adding additional salt. Stirring occasionally.
- The name of the game is the longer it cooks, the better it will taste! You can also make it the day ahead of time and then reheat and serve.