This is the best apple butter! It’s silky smooth and It tastes like caramelized apples! It only takes four ingredients and little bit of time!
- 4 lbs Apples (cored, cubed [Use at least 5 varieties])
- 2 Cups Apple Cider
- 345 g Sugar (1 ½ cups)
- 1 ea Stick Cinnamon
- ½ t Cinnamon (ground)
- ½ t Ginger (ground)
- ¼ t Cloves (ground)
- In a large, high sided pot, add all the sugar and cook over medium high heat to make a dry caramel. You can stir a dry caramel. As soon as all the sugar melts, I usually stop stirring. You can break up any clumps of sugar with your spoon. When it hits dark amber add the apple cider, apples and all the spices
- Cook 1 hour, remove cinnamon stick
- Immersion blend with a hand blender in the pot or carefully use a standard blender, working in batches. Pass through a fine sieve.
- Put it back in a high-sided pot and reduce over low heat, stirring frequently, until it runs off a spoon like cold honey. Cool down before putting into jars or can using the appropriate safety precautions.
Makes 1 quart of apple butter.