These Peanut Butter Cup Blossoms are like the cookies you grew up making but with a mini Reese’s cup pressed into the center of each one!
- ¼ cup granulated sugar plus more for rolling
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (I use Jiff forever and always)
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 dozen Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda, powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy; add peanut butter, beat until incorporated; add egg and vanilla, beat until incorporated. You can beat with a hand mixer on medium or a wooden spoon.
- Add the flour in 3 additions, mixing on low speed between each one.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased, unlined baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until the edges just begin to crack but there are no deep crevices in the center. While the cookies bake, unwrap your Reese’s. It’s tedious but worth it.
- Immediately press a Reese’s in the center of each cookie and remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container. They are best eaten within 4 days if they last that long!