- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a pan with crisscrossed parchment paper to create a handle.
- In a large bain or bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and espresso powder; Set aside
- Melt together the butter and chocolate over a bain-marie.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with the vanilla and add sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate and whisk to incorporate.
- Fold in the flour mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes or until the middle of the brownie has puffed. Cool completely before icing or removing
I made this in a quarter sheet pan but you can make it in an 8-inch or 9-inch square dish just as easily. You could also use 9×11 pan in a pinch but they will be thinner and you’ll need to watch the bake time like a helicopter mom!