- 600g cream cheese, room temp, 21 ounces
- 250g butter, room temp, ~18 Tablespoons
- 220g (2 c) powdered sugar
- 20g (2 T) lemon juice, ~ the juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream together cream cheese, butter, and sugar until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and extract. If it gets too warm, chill it. Just pop the whole bowl and attachments in the fridge and give it an hour.
- Beat with a paddle. 🙂 Breathe. It’s just buttercream.
This is enough buttercream to frost a 6 inch, 4 layer cake or generously frost an 8-inch two-layer cake. I halved the recipe to frost this gingerbread cake