This DIY Hot Cocoa Mix tastes rich and deeply chocolaty but is just as easy as using store-bought packets!
- 8 oz Milk or milk alternative of choice
- 1 T Confectioner’s sugar
- 1 1/3 T Cocoa Powder (1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon)
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- ½ oz Semi-sweet chocolate (this is one square of a baking bar)
- Place all the ingredients in a mug. Microwave on high 1 minute. Whisk gently to begin incorporating all the ingredients into the milk. They won’t completely combine at this point and that is okay!
- Microwave an additional minute on high and whisk to combine. At this point the chocolate should be melted and the cocoa should be completely mixed but perhaps not as hot as you’d like. Continue heating in 30 second intervals until it is as hot as you’d like!
- Add marshmallows. This is not optional. The only option here is how many you will add. I am a 4-6 kinda girl.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Microwave
Keywords: DIY hot cocoa mix, single serving hot cocoa, easy hot chocolate