This is the BEST meatloaf recipe! It is moist, flavorful and incredibly easy. You won’t want to miss the secret sauce!
You will LOVE this spin on traditional meatloaf! A brown sugar sauce is baked on top to keep the loaf super moist and extra delicious. I love to serve it with mashed potatoes and extra sauce on the side…
- ½ cup loosely packed brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ pounds ground sirloin or beef of your choice
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, rounded generously
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, rounded generously
- ¾ cups finely crushed saltine crackers (~12 crackers)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together brown sugar, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in small saucepan. I double this sauce, so that there is extra for serving. Trust me, you’ll want to too.
- In a mixing bowl mix all remaining ingredients through crackers.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a 9” x 9” pan. You can make it in a loaf pan but the larger pan allows the fat to drain away from the loaf.
- Spread enough of the ketchup mixture on the top to generously cover the loaf. Allow it to drop down the sides. It will help keep the meat moist and add tremendous flavor.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear. I like to use a miniature meat thermometer, because I find judging whether or not the juices are clear incredibly stressful.
- While the meat cooks bring the extra sauce to a boil and then simmer on low. Serve over mashed potatoes (obligatory, no?), drizzle with extra sauce to taste. Ah-mazing. Told you so.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
In my original post I suggest doubling the sauce. Trust me. You want to double the sauce. Or at least 1.5x!
Keywords: meatloaf, easy dinner, best meatloaf