These are the best buttermilk biscuits ever: soft, flaky and incredibly tender! Look no further for your new favorite biscuit recipe!
- 255 g AP (2 cups)
- 6 g Kosher Salt (1 1/2 t)
- 18 g Sugar (3 3/4 t)
- 21 g Baking powder (~4 t)
- 100 g Butter, 7T
- 192 g Buttermilk (3/4 cup)
- 1 T Honey
- Add AP, Salt, Sugar, BP to a food processor and pulse to distribute. Cut in butter using a food processor until only pea sized pieces remain.
- Dump out onto clean work-surface. Drizzle the cold buttermilk over the dry mixer while tossing to coat the flour with the other hand. Create a shaggy mass and then begin to press into a mass.
- Roll out about ½ inch thick and do an envelope fold. It will not actually be a cohesive dough at this point. Repeat twice more. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll into ¾ inch thick and then cut into square or circles using a ring cutter.
- Place in baking dish or cast iron pan. Bake 350°F until golden brown around the edges. Pull out about 2 minutes before it is done and brush the tops with honey. Continue to cook until done, approximately 16-18 minutes. They will be golden brown and have a slight resistance to the touch in the center.
- Serve immediately or rewarm in oven before servings
Keywords: biscuits, buttermilk biscuits, the best buttermilk buscuits