These Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are packed with peanut butter and chocolate chips, and have the texture of a bakery chocolate chip cookie! No more dry, crumbly peanut butter cookies!
- 199 g All Purpose Flour (1 2/3 cups)
- 3 g Baking Soda (1/2 t)
- 1 g Baking Powder (1/4 t)
- 2.5 g Salt (1/2 t)
- 73 g Sugar (1/3 cup)
- 73 g Light Brown Sugar (1/3 cup)
- 113 g Butter (1/2 cup)
- 185 g Smooth Peanut Butter (I use Jiff forever and always) (3/4 cup)
- 50 g Eggs (1 egg)
- 1 g Vanilla Extract (1/4 t)
- 100 g Chocolate Chips (1/2 cup + 1 T)
- In a bowl whisk together flour, soda, powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar only just until a smooth paste forms. This is critical for thick and chewy cookies.
- Beat in the egg, scraping down the sides of the bowl and really making sure it is incorporated. Add the peanut butter and beat until smooth.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients a bit at a time. I never wait until it all incorporates before adding more, but you don’t want to overwhelm the batter either. Easy does it!
- Once all the flour has mixed in, add the chocolate chips.
- Scoop or roll into balls. I made mine about 70g or the size of a half a tennis ball. Yeah, really huge. That’s what’s up. Chill completely or bake immediately. This is the beauty here. The bake like a dream from frozen, but if you just cannot wait (feel that chocolate pb craving like woah), then pre-heat your ovens and pop ‘em in!
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake until golden brown around the edges and no longer doughy in the center. From frozen this will take a solid 15 minutes. Baking from room temperature will be a little shy of 10 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy. Or just enjoy. No judgement!