These Cinnamon Chip Scones with Cream Cheese Glaze are tender, moist cinnamon scones filled with cinnamon chips and topped with the most delicious cream cheese glaze!
- 535 g All-purpose flour (4 ⅓ cups)
- 184 g Sugar (¾ cup + 2 ½ t)
- ½ t Salt
- 8 g Baking Powder (1 ½ t)
- 1 T Cinnamon
- 189 g Butter, cold, cubed (¾ cup + 1 ½ T)
- 6 g Vanilla Extract (½ T)
- 166 g Eggs (~3 eggs)
- 192 g Heavy Cream (¾ cup)
- 1 ½ c Cinnamon Chips
Cream Cheese Scone Glaze
- 60 g Cream Cheese, softened (⅓ cup)
- 200 g Confectioner’s Sugar (1 ¾ cup + 1 T)
- 30 g Milk (2 T)
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Mix with paddle (by hand) just to distribute ingredients. Add butter and mix on low to cut in the butter until the butter is no longer visible and it resembles wet sand.
- While this is mixing combine the vanilla, eggs and cream with an immersion blender or whisk and blend until smooth.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly pour in the cream mixture and mix until almost incorporated.
Dump out mixture on a dry surface and knead dough together (gently, with love!). Add in the Cinnamon Ships once no visible dry spots remain and gently fold them in.
Sheet to 2 before 20 on the sheeter at GD. Cut into 3.5in strips and then cut each strip into squares and then cut each square in half on a diagonal to form a triangle. Place triangles onto parchment lined baking sheet. Keep them in the refrigerator and work quickly to keep dough cold.
- Brush scones with heavy cream.
Bake in preheated oven on HIGH fan for 18-20 minutes (for 3 1/2-inch scones) or until golden brown and puffed.
- Cool completely on baking sheets.
For the Glaze:
- Whisk all ingredients together, cover with plastic wrap until ready to use.