This Deviled Egg Salad Sandwich has all the flavors of deviled eggs on a toasted ciabatta roll! The perfect easy lunch or dinner!
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2–3 tablespoons Miracle Whip Light (start with 2 and add more at the end if needed)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sweet relish (not dill! Blech!)
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle of paprika (optional)
- Lettuce, for serving (optional)
- Bread or rolls of choice.
- Chop your boiled eggs and place in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons Miracle whip, Dijon mustard, and relish. Stir to combine. The egg yolks will combine with the miracle whip and mustard to create a paste that holds the salad together. If the mixture is still a little dry, add a little more Miracle whip. Season with pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile toast your rolls (I keep chibatta rolls in the freezer for just this purpose – to thaw, microwave for 10 seconds, cut in half and toast).
- Portion the egg salad on half of each roll, sprinkle with paprika, if desired, top with lettuce and the second half of the roll. Serve immediately while the rolls are still warm!
- Sometimes I also chop up some red and yellow peppers and mix them in with the eggs.
- The amount of mayo and mustard required will depend on how large the yolks are in the eggs and also your personal taste.
- Instead of serving these on large rolls as lunch or dinner, you could spoon a little on small slider rolls or split dinner rolls and serve them on a buffet or as a passed appetizer!
- If you don’t have leftover hard-boiled eggs, this recipe will take about 15 minutes longer. Never fear; it’s still super easy!