In this easy Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Stir Fry mixed vegetables and chicken are tossed with whole wheat udon noodles and a spicy sweet Thai peanut sauce! And it comes together in under 20 minutes! Dinner is served!
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken (I used 2 breasts and 2 thighs – you do you)
- 1 pound frozen mixed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, thawed and drained
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon roasted red chili paste
- ¾ –1 cup water
- Crushed red pepper flakes for serving
- 1 Package Whole Wheat Udon Noodles (Organic Planet brand are my fav!)
- Start cooking your noodles immediately. Follow the package directions but do make sure to rinse them twice with cold water and drain.
- Thaw your vegetables in the microwave and drain. Chop your onion, set aside. Rinse and pat dry your chicken and cut into 1 inch pieces. Sprinkle with pepper and 2 pinches kosher salt
- In a small saucepan mix peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, chili paste and ½ cup water. Whisk gently to incorporate. Heat over low heat until hot. If a thinner sauce is desired, add more water.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or another large skillet over medium heat until hot. If you have a properly seasoned cast iron skillet you will not need to add any oil, if not, add a tablespoon of canola oil. Cook chicken, browning on both sides, working in batches if necessary. Remove from pan, cover, and set aside.
- Add little bit of oil and cook onion until it just begins to look translucent around the edges. Add the thawed veggies and cook until some pieces begin to brown and they are warmed through. Add your chicken back to the pan and mix to combine.
- That’s it! Crazy!
- I like to add my peanut sauce for each portion because everyone likes a different amount. In a medium mixing bowl add a portion of the noodles, some chicken and veggies, and a several spoonfuls of the warmed peanut sauce. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with red chili flakes and serve immediately!