This Funfetti Sheet Cake is decadently moist and packed full of rainbow sprinkles!
- 170 g Butter, soft and pliable (3/4 cup or 1.5 sticks)
- 345.0 g Sugar (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 ea Eggs, large
- 1 T Vanilla Extract
- ¼ t Almond Extract
- 282 g Sour Cream (1 1/4 cups)
- 82 g Milk, 1/3 cup
- 124 g Sprinkles, ¾ cup
- 300 g Cake Flour (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 t Baking Powder
- ½ t Baking Soda
- 1 ½ t Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (either convection or regular)
- All ingredients should be at room temperature. Sift the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the sour cream and milk. Set aside.
- Spray baking dish and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer) cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the extracts with the last egg.
- Alternately add milk and dry ingredients, beginning and ending with dry.
- Add the sprinkles!
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake immediately.
- Bake in preheated oven until a cake tester comes out clean, approximately 25-30 minutes. Be careful not to over bake or it will dry out.
All ingredients should be at room temperature to start.
Be careful not to over bake or it will dry out.
Keywords: funfetti cake, funfetti sheet cake, cakes for parties