A professional pastry chef’s easy recipe for the perfect hard boiled egg! You’ll never need to look up how long to boil eggs again with this easy hard boiled egg recipe. Learn the trick to hard boiled eggs peeling easily every single time!
- A single layer of (large) eggs
- Cold water
- Distilled white vinegar, approximately 2 Tablespoons for each quart of water
- Put the eggs in a pot, create a single layer on the bottom
- Fill the pot up with cold water just until it covers the eggs
- Pour in around 2 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar (this will make the eggs easy to peel, won’t make the eggs taste like vinegar)
- Bring water to a boil on high heat
- As soon as you have a consistent boil, set a timer for 10 minutes (no more!)
- Gather some ice in a big bowl (no need to add water yet)
- Use a slotted spoon to gentle take the eggs out of the pot, and put them in the bowl of ice. You want the eggs to be encapsulated in the ice water so they cool down quickly.
- Let them cool (about 15 minutes), and peel!
For the ratio of vinegar:water do 1 quart (4 cups) : 2 Tablespoons.
Extra Large eggs take 11 minutes
- Category: Culinary Basics
Keywords: perfect hard boiled eggs, how long to boil eggs, easy hard boiled eggs recipe