These Lemon Poppyseed Muffins are packed with lemon flavor and just the right amount of poppyseed! They are moist and tender on the inside with a nice crunch on top!
For the Muffins:
- 115 g Butter (~1/2 cup)
- 175 g Sugar (~3/4 cup)
- 100 g Eggs (2 eggs)
- 5 g Lemon Zest (1 lemon)
- 200 g Sour Cream (7/8 cup)
- 50 g Lemon Juice (1/4 cup)
- 250 g All Purpose flour (2 cups)
- ½ t Baking soda
- 2 t Baking powder
- 2 g Kosher salt (1/2 t)
- 15 g Poppyseeds (1 T +1 t)
- ¼ c Turbinado sugar
For the Glaze:
- 50 g lemon juice (50 ML)
- 2 g kosher salt (1/2 t)
- 200 g powdered sugar (1 1/2 cups + 2 T)
- In a small bowl combine lemon zest and sugar. Allow to sit. The longer it sits, the more flavorful the muffins will be.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs one at a time, beating between each addition to incorporate. Scrape down the bowl as necessary.
- Meanwhile whisk together the sour cream and lemon juice in one bowl, and then in a separate bowl combine flour, soda, powder, salt and poppyseeds, whisking to distribute.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the stand mixer and beat to combine. Add the dry ingredients and mix just to combine.
- Immediately scoop into prepared tins, sprinkle with turbinado sugar (optional) and bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes
For the Glaze:
In a medium bowl whisk together the lemon juice, powdered sugar and salt. Cover the glaze with plastic wrap directly on the surface.
Keywords: muffins, breakfast, lemon poppyseed muffins, lemons