These easy No Bake Samoa Peanut Butter Cereal bars combine the beloved caramel, chocolate and coconut flavors of Samoa Girl Scout cookies with peanut butter!
Today I bring you an extra special treat.
No, not just these bars, but Kelly from Life Made Sweeter!! Kelly has been brightening my life with her delightfully easy, down-to-Earth recipes for over a year now. She is a mother of two and quite possibly the sweetest person EVER. The meals and treats she dreams up are nothing short of spectacular!!!
In addition to delectable sweets and easy meals (often with Asian flair), Kelly is the Grand Master of the Slow Cooker. Each and every slow cooker recipe she posts looks even more scrumptious than the last. I actually bought a slow cooker in NYC just to make her Slow Cooker Sriracha Chili Chicken and I've added her most recent post to the list. She has slow cooker recipes for breakfast, slow cooker lo mein (noodles in the slow cooker?!), and even slow cooker meatloaf!
But I'll stop going on and on about Kelly so that we can talk about these Samoa Peanut Butter Bars!!! Because they look phenomenal!
No Bake Samoa Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
For the cereal bars
For the chocolate ganache
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped semi-sweet chocolate)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Line 9x9 inch square pan with parchment paper or foil lightly coated with cooking spray
- In a large pot, heat honey over medium heat until boiled. Remove from heat and immediately sitr in peanut butter until completely combined. Add vanilla extract.
- Gently stir in both cereals and ½ cup of shredded coconut until completely coated with peanut butter mixture.
- Press FIRMLY into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of the toasted coconut evenly over the bars. Pour caramel sauce over and sprinkle the remaining coconut on top.
- Chill in the freezer until the bars set - around 30 minutes - 1 hour.
Make the Chocolate Ganache
- Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Place cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Pour over chocolate and allow to sit for 10 seconds before stirring with a spoon. Allow to sit and cool slightly before using.[br]
Assemble the Bars:
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut chilled bars into equal squares. Dip the bottom of each bar into the chocolate ganache and lay upside down on the lined cookie sheet allowing the chocolate to set and dry. Repeat with remaining bars. Place the tray in the freezer or fridge to set quicker.
- Once the chocolate has set, using two separate ziptop bags with the corner cut off - drizzle the top of the bars with caramel sauce and melted chocolate or chocolate ganache.