These Pumpkin Banana Bran Muffins are moist and healthy! The pumpkin flavor is a perfect twist for Fall and Winter! Packed with two types of bran, flaxseed and more!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup wheat bran
- ½ cup oat bran
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 large banana, mashed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (canned is fine)
- ¾ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease or line 12 muffin tins.
- Mix buttermilk, wheat bran and oat bran in a small bowl and set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- Mix sugar, oil, egg, vanilla, banana and pumpkin and mix thoroughly.
- Add pumpkin mixture and buttermilk mixture to the dry mixture and stir gently until just combined and a few lumps remain. Fold in raisins.
- Pour into prepared tins. Fill the cups all the way to the top to ensure you get nice tall muffins.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few clinging crumbs.
An original recipe by Lindsey @ AHC