These Scalloped Potatoes are rich and creamy and super cheesy! Layers of perfectly cooked potatoes and cheesy béchamel bake together into one stunning side dish!
- 3 ea Russet Potatoes, peeled and sliced 1mm thick on a mandoline
- 6 T Butter
- 6 T AP Flour
- 3 c Milk
- 6 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese Yellow, shredded
- 12 oz Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Slice potatoes and keep in cold water until ready to use. Reserve about ½ cup cheese for the topping.
- In a sauce pot, melt butter and then whisk in flour until homogenous. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly to break up any lumps. Whisk in all the milk.
- Turn heat up to medium and whisk until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Allow to boil for 1 minute.
Remove from heat and whisk in all the cheese. If it is too thick (not spreadable), whisk in additional milk to loosen to a peanut butter consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in a thin layer on the bottom of the dish, spreading about a third of the cheese filling on top. Repeat twice more. Sprinkle reserved cheese on top.
- Spray one side of aluminum foil and cover the top. Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are tender. Remove foil and continue to bake until top is golden brown.
Keywords: cheesy, potatoes, side dish