These are the BEST Double Chocolate Biscotti. They have a rich chocolate flavor and additional chocolate throughout! Dip one of these into your morning coffee and be transported to a Tuscan villa. ☀️
- 190 g All Purpose Flour
- 40 g Cocoa powder
- 175 g Sugar
- 5 g Baking powder
- 1 t Kosher Salt
- 67 g Butter, cubed, cold
- 5 g Vanilla
- 1 ea Egg
- 43 g Milk
- 83 g Semi sweet dark chocolate, chopped or chocolate chips
- Turbinado & heavy cream, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and butter in a bowl. Cut in butter on low speed until no visible butter remains.
- Whisk together the vanilla, eggs and milk; slowly pour into the mixer on low speed. Add dark chocolate before completely combined. Mix just until combined.
- Shape into one log about 2 inches wide on a parchment lined baking sheet. Chill until firm. Brush with heavy cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake in preheated oven until edges are set and cookies are cooked through. The center will provide a little resistance when pressed gently. You can also use a cake tester but it might be difficult to discern batter from melted chocolate!
- Cool completely and slice on a bias with a serrated knife. They slice cleaner the second day. Wrap well and allow to sit overnight.
- Place on baking sheet and bake until edges are crispy.