This is the Ultimate Cornbread Recipe! It is not too sweet but it is still soft, tender and moist! You can add anything to it to mix up the flavor or use it as the base for your favorite cornbread stuffing recipe!
- 255 g AP Flour (2 cups + 2 ½ t)
- 17 g Sugar (1 T + ½ t)
- 107 g Cornmeal (¾ cup + 1 ½ T)
- 10 g Baking powder (2 t)
- 2 t KosherSalt
- 3 ea Eggs
- 137 g Butter, melted with milk (⅔ cup)
- 172 g Milk (⅔ C)
- 138 g Crème fraiche or sour cream (⅔ cup)
- Melt our milk with our butter. (It’s a decent amount of butter, may be savory but not diet). You’re not trying to boil, just melt your butter.
- Mix your dry ingredients, just whisk ‘em together.
- While your butter is melting, prep your pan. You can use whatever pan you have but butter it.
- Whisk together eggs with crème fraiche (you can also use sour cream). This helps get some of the lumps out of the crème.
- Add our milk/butter mixture to our wet ingredients. Do this slowly, because it’s a little warm and you don’t want to cook your eggs.
- Add our dry ingredients, go slowly since we don’t want lumps in our cornbread. Be careful with the amount you whisk because you don’t want it to get tough, but you also don’t want lumps.
- Pour our batter into our prepared pan
- Pour into buttered pan, spread it out so it bakes evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean and it gives resistance when you poke it.
Keywords: cornbread, savory cornbread, ultimate side dish