These easy Tropical Overnight Oats are creamy and packed with tropical flavor! Make them in a large batch for an easy breakfast the whole family will enjoy!
- 2 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 2 cups 2 % Organic Milk
- Juice from 1 medium lemon
- Zest from ½ lemon (to taste*)
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and grated
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey (more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger (you could also use fresh!)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (I used lightly sweetened because it’s what I had on hand)
- ¼ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- Mango/ Papaya /Pineapple (okay, any tropical fruit)
- The night before, mix oats, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, yogurt, spices and apple in a large, sealable container. Let sit over night, covered in the refrigerator.
- Right before serving Top with pecans and fresh fruit! Wasn’t that obscenely easy?
*Lemon Zest: I use the zest from a whole lemon but I think most people would find it overpowering. Be sure to only use the dark yellow portion of the zest especially in this recipe where it will be raw.
Keywords: breakfast, overnight oats, tropical