These festive Holiday Spritz Cookies are a light, delicate butter cookie flavored with vanilla and lemon.
Day 6 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies!
Santa texted. He wants these cookies.
And so does everyone else you know.
A vanilla lemon sugar cookie with a light texture and a delicate crumb. They are soft and just melt on your tongue!
You could easily flavor the batter with any extract or zest you desire. An almond or peppermint would be delightful or you could do something unexpected with licorice or mandarin orange!
You can also put a little dollop of jam in the center to complement the flavor of the cookie.
A perfect sugar cookie batter to jumpstart your holiday flavor and decorating creativity!
These Holiday Spritz Cookies are Day 6 of my 12 Days of Christmas Cookies! You won't want to miss my Ginger Orange Almond Biscotti, No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies, Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies, Butterscotch Chews, or Chocolate Peppermint Swirl Cookies from Day 1!
Holiday Spritz Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar, salt and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Slowly add to the butter mixture with the mixer on medium-high, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Whisk the flour and cornstarch together in a bowl. Add to the butter mixture and stir on low just to combine. Add your food coloring at this point if you desire. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with the desired tip. I used an Ateco #802 star tip for the green, an Ateco #801 round tip for the white and an Ateco #800 round tip for the red.
- Pipe desired shapes onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Chill 10 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven 5-7 minutes or until the edges and bottoms just begin to brown.
- Store airtight at room temperature up to 3 weeks or frozen up to 2 months.