These lemon pudding cookies are so soft and chewy they practically melt in your mouth! The pudding mix brings the extra chewiness and the combination of lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon pudding mix gives them the perfect lemon flavor!!
We are doing something new and exciting today! Obviously it isn't these Lemon Pudding Cookies because we all know I have had a recent obsession with both pudding cookies AND lemon!
It's my very first guest post! Hooray!
Today I'm guest posting over at The Cooking Actress while the fabulous Kayle makes the big move from NYC to Cleveland and whips her new townhouse into shape!
You are absolutely going to LOVE these soft, chewy lemon pudding cookies! They will practically melt in your mouth and are bursting with lemon flavor, so make sure you check out the full post here!
Lemon Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3.4 oz lemon pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (2 lemons, but only use the dark yellow part!)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, pudding mix and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice, and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, beating until just combined after each addition.
- Refrigerate dough at least 4 hours. To achieve the height of the cookies pictured, I actually rolled them into 1-inch balls, froze the dough balls for approximately 20 minutes and then baked them.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake 8-10 minutes or until the edges have started to lightly brown and the tops are set. [If you freeze the dough it will take several more minutes to cook –just watch them!]
You May Also Like:
My Favorite Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
Quadruple Chocolate Pudding Cookies
Silver Dollar Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (and one of the most pinned posts on the site)
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Leave a Comment!