This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Today I introduce you to the best Peanut Butter M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies! They’re thick and chewy with little bursts of creamy peanut butter!
So perfectly soft.
I took a casual stroll down the candy aisle the other day and I saw the most adorable Easter Egg Peanut Butter M&Ms! Into my cart they went.
The only reason I allow myself to buy peanut butter M&Ms is if I bake with them, because they are not safe around me.
Or I am not safe around them.
I’m not really sure which is more apt.
In my college days, when Peanut Butter M&M’s first came out, I would devour entire bags! And not the small bags. #nojudgement
I was obsessed! I was powerless in the face of such a yummy candy! Powerless, I tell you!
As you will be in the face of these Peanut Butter M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies! Peanut Butter M&M’s and mini chocolate chips are folded into a brown sugar cookie base and then baked to chewy perfection!
I made them extra large for maximum chewiness and to accommodate the large PB M&Ms. Or at least that is what I told myself (and my Husband).
Just look at how chewy and soft it is!
Are you concerned about having huge Peanut Butter M&M’s in your cookie? I know I was.
Don’t be! They are delicious!
You are happily chewing away thinking, “this is a fabulous chocolate chip cookie” when, BAM, you get a PB M&M and your eyes widen and all you can think to say is “mmmm can I have another?” And then the whole plate is gone…just sayin’…
Use the adorable Easter Egg PB M&Ms if you like or make this amazing cookie recipe all year long with the standard ones…They will taste just as good! No Easter grass necessary.
I got a leete carried away with the pictures…my bad. #sorryimnotsorry
Peanut Butter M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter slightly softened
- 1 ¼ cups dark brown sugar packed
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter M&Ms reserve some for placing on top the dough balls
- Preheat oven to 375° and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy. I would not recommend using a hand mixer or trying to make this batter by hand.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well incorporated.
- Gradually stir in flour in several additions. I usually do 5.
- Stir in M&Ms and mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight for the chewiest cookies. You can also skip this step, but your cookies will spread more.
- Roll dough balls the size of half a tennis ball and place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until the edges are set but the centers still look underbaked.