These Peanut Butter Cup Blossoms are like the cookies you grew up making but with a mini Reese’s cup pressed into the center of each one!
A chewy peanut butter cookie, rolled in sugar with a Reese’s cup in the center! I’m just not sure if there is a better combo.
This twist on an old favorite happened out of necessity when my sous chef, Mara, and I were deciding which cookies to put in our Cookie Tins. I had a specific vision for how I wanted the tin to look. I wanted neat little stacks of cookies that fit together like puzzle pieces. We both felt that Peanut Butter Blossoms HAD to be in the tin, but the point on the kisses prevented the cookies from stacking…
And then an idea struck! Reese’s cups are flat and no chocolate peanut butter lover would complain about more peanut butter! We tested it out and promptly decided two things:
- They were trouble because we couldn’t stop eating them!
- They might even be better than the original!
Truth be told, I always hated how the Hershey’s kiss was super hard in contrast to the soft cookie. Problem solved. Reese’s cups area forever soft making these peanut butter cup blossoms a 10/10 for me!
Back to the Cookie Tins! I haven’t really talked about it much here because I have been barely hanging in there with all the plates I’m juggling at the moment, but I started selling pies for the holidays in my shop (yes, I created a real shop!). They were such a runaway success that we decided to add Christmas Cookie Tins! Consider them the perfect gift for anyone (unless they have a nut allergy…then you should get them a sweater #freetip) and you don’t have to lift a finger!
Or you could just bake, bake, bake to your heart’s content because you know I am here for you with all the recipes and Holiday baking tips! Just start with these Peanut Butter Cup Blossoms! Also strongly suggest Mom’s Gingerbread Boys & My FAVORITE COOKIE.
Peanut Butter Cup Blossoms
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (plus more for rolling)
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (I use Jiff forever and always)
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 36 Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda, powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy; add peanut butter, beat until incorporated; add egg and vanilla, beat until incorporated. You can beat with a hand mixer on medium or a wooden spoon.
- Add the flour in 3 additions, mixing on low speed between each one.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased, unlined baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until the edges just begin to crack but there are no deep crevices in the center. While the cookies bake, unwrap your Reese’s. It’s tedious but worth it.
- Immediately press a Reese’s in the center of each cookie and remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container. They are best eaten within 4 days if they last that long!