These Vegetarian Stuffed Sweet Potatoes have a little natural sweetness, a little heat from the red pepper flakes and a salty tang from the feta. Easy, vegetarian, and healthy!
While I am more than ready to say goodbye to Winter, I’m not quite ready to let go of the Winter staple, the sweet potato!
I have been making some variation of these Stuffed Sweet Potatoes for over a decade! Since the sweet potatoes are cooked in the microwave, it’s the perfect last-minute, weeknight meal!
The sweetness of the sweet potatoes is perfectly counterbalanced by the heat from the red pepper flakes and the tang of the goat’s milk feta. Easy, vegetarian, and healthy!
So flavorful you won't even miss the meat!
Honestly, I care more about the cheese than the meat! Which is why I totally failed as a vegan. Yeah...I need cheese in my life. Francophile!
Larger sweet potatoes make a wonderful vegetarian main course or you can serve with a chicken breast! This one is delicious!
I LOVE sun-dried tomatoes but I don't cook with them very often because Hubs isn't a fan. But these potatoes were perfect, because I just added them to mine and not his! Happy Lindsey!
Vegetarian Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli (chopped into small florets)
- 1 shallot (thinly sliced)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced )
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper (fresh ground)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (you can always add more later)
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 oz goats milk feta cheese
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork three times on each side.
- Heat a medium cast iron pan or skillet over medium heat until hot. Add olive oil, and swirl to coat the pan. Add broccoli, shallot, and garlic to the pan; sauté until the broccoli is crunchy-tender and the shallots are limp, stirring constantly. Add the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and stir to distribute evenly. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and remove from heat.
- While the broccoli cooks microwave the sweet potatoes on high for 8 minutes, flipping half way through. Cook until they are soft and give easily when gently squeezed.
- Split the sweet potatoes down the center and spoon half the broccoli mixture into each. Sprinkle on the feta cheese and serve hot!
Leave a Comment!