This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy homemade bread crumbs are a simple way to preserve any bread! Keep them in the cupboard to add the homemade touch to any meal!
Remember that 100% whole-wheat bread from the American Woman’s Cookbook? After day 2 it got a little on the dry side as preservative-free breads are apt to do. Fret not because we are going to turn that fabulous bread into even more fabulous bread crumbs!
I also made the leftover Potato Bread into delicious bread crumbs!
Homemade Bread Crumbs
- 1 loaf bread your choice!
- Preheat your oven to 300°F. After 30 minutes take the sheet out and test the bread for doneness. It should be completely dry and snap or crumble.
- Slice your bread into ¼ inch slices and arrange them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place them in the middle rack in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes on each side.
- After 30 minutes take the sheet out and test the bread for doneness. It should be completely dry and snap or crumble.
- Place crisp bread into a food processor and process until they are medium to fine crumbs.
- Dump into sealable container and store in the cabinet for several weeks or in the refrigerator or freezer for several months!