This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Lemon Whipped Cream uses only three ingredients and is rich, thick and delicious! Any easy addition to classic strawberry shortcakes, pie, lemon bread pudding, or even served plain with fresh berries!
I originally created this Lemon Whipped Cream as a compliment to Sweet Potato Pie, but it was so utterly delicious and versatile that I had to share the recipe separately.
This whipped cream is a touch sweeter than my homemade whipped cream to balance the lemon zest.
Lemon Whipped Cream
- Chill your whisk and bowl. (Just know that if you get all ready to whip and realize that you forgot this step, relax, it will whip up just fine as long as the bowl didn’t just come out of the dishwasher.) Alternatively you can mix this in a stand mixer.
- Pour whipping cream into your chilled bowl and sift powdered sugar directly over the whipping cream.
- Add the lemon zest. You can taste it at this point to see if you would like to add more zest.
- Whisk briskly to combine. If whisking in a stand mixer, it is best to whip on medium-low speed. This will give you a dense, rich whipped cream that is akin to having whipped it by hand.
- Whisk vigorously until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes. Continue whisking if you want stiffer peaks or if you want to pipe the whipped cream.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until needed. Whisk if the cream has fallen.