These easy Tropical Overnight Oats are creamy and packed with tropical flavor! Make them in a large batch for an easy breakfast the whole family will enjoy!
I am a creature of habit. I love nothing more than an extensive list and the comfort of a familiar routine. Breakfast is no exception! When it starts to heat up in the City, my usual hot oatmeal just makes me hotter!
The (second) best thing about overnight oats is that you can customize to your heart’s delight! Want to use coconut milk instead of 2%? Go for it! Want to use pineapple juice instead of lemon? Sounds fab!
The only thing that I really love is the granny smith apple grated into the mixture. It adds that tartness that really makes this exceptional!
For my tropical overnight oats rendition, love a mix of fresh fruits, toasted nuts, coconuts and chia seeds, but dried would also be amazing. No cutting required! Look at you savin’ time like a pro.
Tropical Overnight Oats
- 2 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 2 cups 2 % Organic Milk
- Juice from 1 medium lemon
- Zest from ½ lemon (to taste)
- 1 large granny smith apple (peeled and grated)
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon+ 1 teaspoon honey (more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger (you could also use fresh!)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (I used lightly sweetened because it’s what I had on hand)
- ¼ cup toasted pecans (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- Mango/ Papaya /Pineapple (okay, any tropical fruit)
- The night before, mix oats, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, yogurt, spices and apple in a large, sealable container. Let sit over night, covered in the refrigerator.
- Right before serving Top with pecans and fresh fruit! Wasn’t that obscenely easy?