These Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Blondies are chewy, soft and the perfect balance of salty sweet. The browned butter blondie is swirled with salted caramel and chocolate chips!
My Salted Caramel Obsession continues with Caramel Chocolate Chip Blondies! They are positively extraordinary! I know it’s not very Grace Kelly of me, but I would do whatever was necessary to secure the last of these blondies!
It’s my favorite brown butter blondie batter with a generous quantity of mini Ghriardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips and a swirl of salted caramel baked right in the blondie. And then more salted caramel drizzled all over the top.
It’s not the tidiest of desserts. In fact, it’s four napkins messy maybe five if you got a leetle carried away with the caramel sauce.
And you should get carried away with the caramel sauce because…why not?!
I made these with the last little bit of the BEST salted caramel sauce because eating it all with a spoon wasn’t an option. Or, at least, it wasn’t the civil thing to do.
If you could pick one thing to eat on your diet “cheat day”, this would be it.
Worth. Every. Last. Caramel-filled. Bite.
[Do you have a “cheat day”? I never allowed myself to have one because then it became a “cheat week” or month if we’re being honest.]
Make it stop!
I’m going to pass out.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Blondies
For the Blondie:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (1 ½ sticks )
- 2 cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
⅔ cups caramel sauce [the best recipe for homemade here]
To make the Blondie:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously butter a 13x9x2 inch glass or pyrex baking pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat, swirling several times a minute, until browned bits cling to the bottom of the pan and the butter takes on a slightly nutty aroma. Transfer brown butter to a medium bowl. Be sure to get all the nutty goodness from the pan!
- Add brown sugar and beat, with an electric mixer, until well combined and mixture resembles wet sand, 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy, 2 minutes. Add dry ingredients and beat until smooth. The batter will be very thick.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips. Turn out into prepared baking dish.
- Using an offset spatula, evenly spread batter in pan.
- Pour caramel into dish and, using an offset spatula, swirl it into the batter. You will let your caramel cool to room temperature before swirling; unlike me, or it will kind of melt into the batter. Delicious but not quite the look we were going for.
- Bake blondie until golden brown or the center no longer jiggles when gently shaken, 20-25 minutes. The toothpick test will not work here because of all the mix-ins. Be careful not to over bake! Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Leave a Comment!