These No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Bars are an easy, bright Summer dessert! Slice and serve with a little whipped cream or leave them unadorned and let the blueberry shine.
NYC is HOT right now. Like maybe I’ve been transported back to Atlanta against my will hot.
Table of Contents
I would never judge you if you didn’t want to turn on the stove either regardless of the outside temperature. Pop open a jar of your favorite blueberry jam and make these No Bake Cheesecake Bars without breaking a sweat.
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Bars Ingredients
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: I like to buy pre-ground graham crumbs because some days grinding my own in the food processor just seems like too much work.
- Kosher Salt: I use kosher salt always. It heightens the flavor here and will keep your pastries for tasting dull or flat.
- Butter: I use unsalted butter for baking, because you want to control the amount of salt you are adding. Every brand is different and it makes adjusting the recipe a challenge.
- Light Brown Sugar: Light Brown Sugar adds just a little hint of sweetness to the crust, which I love.
- Blueberries: Use fresh or frozen here.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice balances the sweetness in the jam and in the cheesecake base. It also heightens the flavor of the blueberries in these no bake blueberry cheesecake bars.
- Sugar: I use extra fine granulated sugar in all my baking. Regular granulated sugar is also good.
- Cream cheese: I am a fan of Philadelphia cream cheese and I always bake with full fat. Low fat will work here but not whipped.
- Heavy Cream: I use heavy cream that is 40% fat but you can use a lighter version in this recipe. The cream cheese will help stabilize it and not cause it to break. You might want to reduce the lemon juice because the acidity could cause a lower fat variety to break especially in conjunction with a reduced fat cream cheese.
- Reduced Fat: You can substitute reduced fat cream cheese and whipping cream, however, you might want to reduce the lemon juice because the acidity could cause a lower fat variety to break especially in conjunction with a reduced fat cream cheese.
- Blueberry Jam: You can certainly substitute this with your favorite brand of jarred blueberry jam.
Make these no bake blueberry cheesecake bars your own!
- Full Cheesecake: Yes, you can take this recipe as written and make it in a 9” springform pan as a regular cheesecake. I am here for it!
- Another Fruit: Mix it up with a different jam! My mixed berry jam would be phenomenal or cherry jam! Pick your favorite thick jam and run with it.
- Cookie Crust: These would be delicious with a different no-bake crust like my gingersnap crust or an Oreo crust.
Chef Lindsey's Recipe Tips
Whether you are making your own or using store-bought, be sure that the blueberry jam is thick or it will water down your filling and make it difficult to slice.
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
Prepare the Blueberry Jam:
- In a small saucepot, combine all ingredients and bring to a simmer, allowing the blueberries to begin to pop and release their juices.
- Boil until thick and will coat the back of a spoon.
- Pour on to a plastic or parchment lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold and thick.
Prepare Graham Cracker Crust:
- Combine all ingredients for the crust in a medium bowl. Mix until will hold together when squeezed.
- Press into a 9 x11 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until cold.
Prepare the Cheesecake:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until softened and smooth.
- Add sugar and continue to beat until no visible sugar granules remain.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Beat to combine.
- Switch to whisk attachment and add cream to bowl. Whisk on medium high until stiff peaks form.
- Pour cheesecake base on the crust and spread out. Dollop the jam on top and swirl with an offset spatula. Alternatively, you can mix the blueberry jam in with the cheese cake base for a more even distribution of blueberry. I used about ¾ of the prepared jam. Use as much or as little as you would like.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Slice and serve chilled.