These Gourmet Turkey Burgers have red pepper flakes inside and are topped with my favorite gourmet trifecta: goat’s cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and caramelized onions.
Gourmet Turkey Burgers: A bold statement, but these feisty burgers live up to the name! They have red pepper flakes inside and are topped with my favorite gourmet trifecta: goat’s cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and caramelized onions.
Oh! And it’s all sandwiched in a perfect crusty French baguette. Gourmet indeed!
What to serve with gourmet turkey burgers?
While I love a good pile of sweet potato fries or French fries, I tend to serve healthier side dishes with my burgers. Try this baked zucchini and ricotta casserole, rosemary lemon roasted cauliflower, or even Brussels sprouts and leeks!
These gourmet turkey burgers are incredibly juicy with just the right amount of kick to bring the excitement to the table. The flavors blend seamlessly together: the spice from the burger offsets the tangy goat’s cheese and the sweet caramelized onions.
And sun-dried tomatoes are just for fun. And just for me because sun-dried tomatoes make me smile. 🙂
I’ve made these turkey burgers several times with different toppings and it’s become an easy weeknight staple, but with the goat’s cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and caramelized onions it becomes a gourmet treat worthy of date night or company.
Gourmet Turkey Burger
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 oz Goat cheese
- 6 sundried tomatoes (sliced)
- Caramelized onions (Recipe for homemade here)
- ½ French Baguette ( or another crusty bread)
- Mix together ground turkey, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Form into 4 equal patties. Preheat a grill or a grill pan over medium high heat until searing hot. Brush grill pan or grates with olive oil right before adding the burgers.
- Cook the burgers until a thermometer read 165° or the insides are no longer pink. This cook time will depend on how thick you form your patties. Mine took approximately 12 minutes.
- While the burgers cook prepare your toppings and slice the baguette into 4 pieces and cut each in half. Smear each piece of the baguette with goat’s cheese to your taste.
- Top with a burger, caramelized onions, sundried tomatoes and arugula. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment!