This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
You will LOVE this salad as a main course or as a side dish! The blend of different textures in this easy and healthy Kale and Cabbage Slaw Salad is wonderfully satisfying: the crunch of the cabbage; the smooth creaminess of the avocado; the bursts of sweet from the blueberries and the soft tang of the goat’s milk feta. It’s fabulous!
Today I bring you a dream-worthy salad! A healthy Kale and Cabbage Slaw Salad.
This is one of those obnoxiously healthy, yet strangely delicious, salads that people would pay $20 for in California.
And unlike all my other salads, it’s 100% raw, 100% paleo, 100% vegetarian and 100% vegan if you take out the cheese. But don’t take out the cheese, please! Feta: I heart you.
The blend of different textures is wonderfully satisfying: the crunch of the cabbage; the smooth creaminess of the avocado; the bursts of sweet from the blueberries and the soft tang of the goat’s milk feta. All tossed in a light champagne vinaigrette. It’s fabulous!
I originally served this as a side dish with pork chops when my husband was last in town. I cobbled it together out of a lack of all other vegetables, and I was pretty sure that he was going to complain about it.
But he didn’t…
And then the next day he ate it again…
And then the day after that he said, “Is there no more slaw?” and he looked so sad I almost died.
There is a little bit of chopping involved but hopefully you find that as therapeutic as I do. See. This salad is healthy for the body and mind! My price just went up to $30 a bowl in California.
I eat a generous portion as a main course, and it is filling and strangely satisfying. You could also serve this as a side dish to compliment any kind of grilled or baked meat, or top it with my go-to Foolproof Rosemary Chicken.
I know you are skeptically looking at me through one eye, but I would never lie to you. This salad is delicious! Fresh, crunchy, flavorful and healthy!
Did I mention that it only takes 15 minutes?
Without further delay, break out your favorite chopping knife and make this simple salad!
Healthy Kale and Cabbage Slaw Salad
For the Slaw:
- ½ head small green cabbage sliced into thin ribbons
- 6 stalks Tuscan/Lacinato kale rib removed and sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 ½ red bell peppers thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 gala apple or fuji, grated with the peel on
- ¼ cup Vidalia onion sliced paper thin
- 2 Avocados
- ½ cup Blueberries
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Add all the dressing ingredients in a bottle, cover, and shake vigorously until mixed; taste and adjust.
- I slice most of the vegetables on a mandoline, which makes the prep super fast and all the slices an even thickness.
- Throw all the slaw ingredients in an extra large mixing bowl, toss to mix everything up. Pour some of the salad dressing over top and toss to coat evenly. Repeat until the slaw is glistening but there is no extra in the bottom of the bowl.