This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Salted Maple Caramel Sauce is creamy, smooth and silky. It has a rich, concentrated maple flavor with a buttery finish. And it is so easy!
I am super lucky that my husband and I live on the same page, but every now and again we disagree about something. One of those rare things is Maple. My Husband is “meh” about maple, whereas my blood is probably 20% maple syrup.
I love maple. All things maple. If I could live in Vermont next to a maple tree, I’d be a happy woman. So you can imagine that I turn to mush around this Salted Maple Caramel Sauce.
I could eat it by the bucket-full. With a spoon.
It’s all the things I love about salted caramel but made with maple syrup and 400x easier. It’s creamy, smooth and silky. It has a rich, concentrated maple flavor with a buttery finish.
While we’re chatting, I’ll tell you another thing my husband and I disagree about.
His new beard. As in when is he going to shave it off? Yesterday would have been great for me, but apparently my vote doesn’t carry the weight it should. I’ll have to remind him that, as a woman, I get two votes automatically.
Back to things I understand, like Salted Maple Caramel Sauce!
You can use this sauce just like you would caramel sauce: on ice cream, on fruit, on crumbles, as a filling for cupcakes, or, my personal favorite, in these Maple Caramel Pecan Bars!
This particular batch was a thinner sauce, but you can easily make it thicker by cooking the maple syrup longer.
Salted Maple Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups grade B maple syrup
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sweet cream unsalted butter
- 2 large pinches sea salt I use fleur de sel
- Pour maple syrup in a deep pot with a thick bottom. Being to a boil over medium heat and let boil softly for ~15 minutes. Stir every few minutes with a heat proof spatula or spoon to reduce the bubbles. You will notice that the syrup will start to coat the outside of the spatula or spoon and will cool quickly into a caramel-like consistency. It will resemble candy at the softball stage.
- Stir in the butter until it is completely melted and then add the cream, stirring constantly. It will not bubble up dangerously like caramel but it will still be very hot. Add the salt and then stir to mix.