This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A gooey milk chocolate, marshmallow center is sandwiched between two layers of soft graham cracker crumble in these Soft Chewy Smores Crumble Bars! All the magical flavors of a traditional S’more but even more delicious!
Lisa over at Wine and Glue is hosting S’mores Week and I am beyond excited!! I love S’mores inspired desserts and these Soft Chewy Crumble Smores are no exception!
These bars will takeover your life! You will dream about them. You will never be satisfied with a regular s’more again! Just a hunch. Let me break them down for you:
A soft, buttery graham cracker crumble bottom is topped with a layer of marshmallow fluff…
Then a smooth and creamy milk chocolate ganache is poured on top…
Then it’s topped with more graham cracker crumble and mini marshmallows.
The chocolate ganache melts in with the marshmallow fluff in the oven, which creates a perpetually soft, chocolaty, marshmallow center to these Chewy Smores Crumble Bars. It almost replicates that texture that you get when you bite into a campfire smore and the gooey marshmallow mixes with the partially melted chocolate.
Only better because the graham cracker sandwich outside is soft and chewy. Secretly I think the crunchy graham cracker that crumbles all over the place is the worst part of the S’more. Nobody wants a mess. Especially if you aren’t actually camping.
When you bite into one of these soft bars all the magical, familiar s’mores flavors blend together into one cohesive taste explosion.
A touch dramatic but these bars are seriously that delicious! You will LOVE them!
And if that isn’t enough to convince you, these bars got RAVE reviews. In fact, one guy told me that I should sell each tiny bar for $2. Thank you random guy on the 30th floor, you made my week. Seriously. The whole week.
Make sure you scroll down to check out all the other delicious S’mores inspired recipes everyone dreamed up!
Soft Chewy Smores Crumble Bars
For the Crumble Base & Topping:
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons graham flour you can also use whole wheat flour or all-purpose
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Remaining Layers
- 4.5 oz milk chocolate high quality, I use Ghirardelli
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6.5 oz jar of marshmallow fluff
- ½ cup mini marshmallows or more to your taste
Make the Crumble Base & Topping:
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line an 8” x 8” baking pan with parchment.
- Whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, graham flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the mixer to medium speed and add the egg, mixing to until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Reduce the mixer to low and add the dry mixture in several additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Scoop 2/3 of the mixture into prepared baking pan. Spread out evenly with an offset spatula. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the top is beginning to brown and the sides are set. Cover the remaining mixture and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Allow to cool while you prepare your ganache.
Prepare Milk Chocolate Ganache:
- Combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power in 20 second intervals, stirring between each, until the chocolate has melted and is smooth. Let cool slightly.
Assemble your bars:
- Spread the marshmallow fluff on the prebaked bar base using an offset spatula. A warm spoon will help get the fluff out of the jar and onto the bars with minimal mess. I coated my small spatula in butter before attempting to spread the fluff. Worked like a charm!
- Rinse off your spatula and pour the thickened ganache over top of the fluff. Spread evenly with your offset spatula.
- Remove crumble topping from the refrigerator and crumble over the top of the ganache in small crumbles. Sprinkle on the desired amount of mini marshmallows over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until the crumble topping and marshmallows have begun to brown.
- Allow bars to cool completely before cutting and serving. If you don’t, it will be a hot mess!