These No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies are soft, crunchy and chewy all at the same time! The sweet peanut butter flavor will have you reaching for another!
Day 4 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies!
Confession. I botched the first batch of these No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies.
It takes a certain kind of special to mess up no-bake cookies.
There are 5 ingredients. Five.
But I managed.
To my credit the recipe didn’t come with instructions and I didn’t want to ask because what self-respecting pastry chef needs to ask for directions on a 5 ingredient, no bake cookie? Ummm. None.
The answer is me.
Do I cream the ingredients? Heat them in a pot and then stir in the cereal? I don’t know because I am my Mother’s daughter and also a Taurus. (Read: stubborn AF)
I tried beating them together then stirring in the cereal…nope.
I tried just using a wooden spoon. Better. But then I popped them in the fridge to see if they would “set”. Ding, ding, ding!
Phew. That was complex.
(Sidebar: The photos were taken after 8 hours of refrigeration. They had the best texture after a full 24)
Let’s back it up. I recently went to Elmira, NY for my grandfather’s funeral and my grandma was charmingly concerned that I wouldn’t like any of the food being a professional cook.
She needn't have worried because:
- I am happy when anyone cooks for me.
- These peanut butter cookies were addictive. I actually ate nothing but these no bake peanut butter cookies the entire evening. And then I took some back to my hotel room because that is what everyone needs at 1AM lol!
So when I sent out an APB for family cookie recipes in anticipation of the annual 12 Days, and Grandma Farr wrote back with this recipe, I was elated!
You need these cookies in your life. Not just at Christmas, but ALL THE TIME.
And they are easy (with instructions) and don’t require any precious oven real estate. Xox. From my Grandma to you.
These No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies are Day 3 of my 12 Days of Christmas Cookies! You won't want to miss my Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies from yesterday, Butterscotch Chews, or Chocolate Peppermint Swirl Cookies from Day 1!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter (I use Jiff, you know me)
- Teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups cereal flakes (I used Wheaties because I have a random obsession)
- In a medium bowl mix the brown sugar, corn syrup, peanut butter and vanilla together until homogenous. Add the cereal and mix to distribute.
- Roll into balls and press down with a fork if you wish. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. They were definitely better the next day.
Leave a Comment!