These Bailey’s Irish Cream Milk Chocolate Brownies are rich, decadent and chewy! A fudgy milk chocolate brownie topped with a milk chocolate ganache and drizzled with a thick caramel sauce!
They make you want to stop everything you are doing, close your eyes and just revel in the incredible flavor melody on your tongue.
They are a rich, fudgy milk chocolate brownie with swirls of salted caramel in the batter and then smothered in a decadent, smooth milk chocolate Bailey's ganache. But I didn't stop there. No, no. Then I drizzled it all in more irresistible salted caramel!
There really are no words to adequately describe these brownies. There just aren’t.
Just look at that caramel. I can hardly bear it!
They are messy to eat, but who cares when there is all that milk chocolate, Bailey's, caramel goodness all in one package?!
The milk chocolate Baileys’ ganache just melts in your mouth and it has the perfect lingering flavor of Irish cream.
The brownies are a fudgy milk chocolate coffee brownie with my favorite caramel swirled into the batter. I don’t usually “do” milk chocolate brownies but with the coffee and the caramel they just seemed right.
Like any rich, chocolately brownie there is melted chocolate, cocoa powder, AND chocolate chips in the batter. So you know for certain that these brownies are as chocolatey as possible!
These Irish Coffee Caramel Brownies explode with flavor: you can taste the coffee, the milk chocolate, the caramel and the Irish Cream, but they all also blend together into a combination that is out of this world!
I don’t know what I’ll do with myself once they are gone.
Or bake another batch! Luck of the Irish or something like that.
These will be an instant hit at any St. Patrick’s Day celebration! But you better make a double batch – just a small tip from my kitchen to yours!
Bailey’s Irish Cream Milk Chocolate Brownies
For the Coffee Milk Chocolate Brownies:
For the Bailey’s Milk Chocolate Ganache:
- 4.5 ounces milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Bailey’s Irish Cream
- ½ cup Caramel Sauce (such as this one)
To Make Coffee Milk Chocolate Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment.
- Whisk together in a medium bowl the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter and 2 ounces chocolate in a microwave safe, large bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals on high power, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is smooth.
- Add sugar and instant coffee to the melted chocolate mixture, whisking to combine. Add the vanilla and egg, whisking until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Stir the cocoa mixture into the chocolate mixture until just combined. Fold in the remaining chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing out the batter to the edges with a spatula.
- Drop dollops of salted caramel into the batter. I did about 16, and then swirl with a bamboo skewer. Mine weren’t pretty but it doesn’t even matter because you are going to smother it in ganache!
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the top is set. Do not overbake. The caramel will make it very difficult to tell when they are done. I would not suggest baking more than 35 minutes because they might overbake.
- While the brownies bake, make the Bailey’s Milk Chocolate Ganache
To Make the Bailey’s Milk Chocolate Ganache:
- Melt chocolate and heavy cream in a small microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until mixture is smooth. Stir in the Bailey’s and whisk until smooth.
- Try not to eat it all before the brownies are done…
Assembling the Brownies:
- Let brownies cool 10 minutes before pouring ganache over top of brownies. Smooth the ganache to the edges with an offset spatula.
- Let cool completely before cutting. This took me 2 hours in the refrigerator and the middles were still not cooled. They tasted super amazing no matter what temperature.
- Cut into squares and drizzle with the caramel sauce. I spooned some in a ziplock baggie, cut a corner off and then squeezed the caramel out!