This Monster Skillet Cookie is a thick, chewy peanut butter cookie packed with chocolate chips, oats, and mini M&M’s. In short it is everything you need and want right now.
The best news, other than that this skillet cookie is bomb, is that you don’t have to even chill it! That’s right you can mix it, press it into your favorite skillet and then bake that baby until soft, chewy cookie perfection.
I didn’t even wait for it to cool before I piled it high with ice cream! I just dug right into the center with the spoon like that bad-ass that I am. I own it. I am completely under the monster skillet cookie spell.
Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!
While you've got your cast iron skillet out, you can absolutely dig into this Ultimate Cornbread Recipe! That cornbread is not too sweet but it is still soft, tender and moist! You can add anything to it to mix up the flavor or use it as the base for your favorite cornbread stuffing recipe. This is your secret side dish weapon. I am a firm believer that the better flavor each layer in a recipe has, the more flavorful and delightful the finished dish. So I set out to make it more moist, more flavorful, and delicious all on its own.
Monster Skillet Cookie
- 199 g All Purpose Flour (1 ⅔ cup)
- 3 g Baking Soda (½ t)
- 1 g Baking Powder (~¼ t)
- 2.5 g Salt (~½ t)
- 73 g Sugar (⅓ cup)
- 73 g Light Brown Sugar (⅓ cup)
- 113 g Butter (½ cup)
- 185 g Smooth Peanut Butter (I use Jiff forever and always (¾ cup))
- 50 g Eggs (1 egg)
- 1 g Vanilla Extract (¼ t)
- 100 g Chocolate Chips (½ cup + 1 T)
- 47 g Quick oats (½ cup)
- 1 C Mini M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- In a bowl whisk together flour, soda, powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar only just until a smooth paste forms. This is critical for thick and chewy cookies.
- Beat in the egg, scraping down the sides of the bowl and really making sure it is incorporated. Add the peanut butter and beat until smooth.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients a bit at a time. I never wait until it all incorporates before adding more, but you don’t want to overwhelm the batter either. Easy does it!
- Once all the flour has mixed in, add the chocolate chips, oats and mini M&M’s.
- Press it into a cast-iron skillet. If yours is nicely seasoned, you don’t even need to spray it. If you don’t know, just give it a little spritz with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pop in preheated oven and bake until golden brown around the edges and the top. It will take 20-22 minutes.
- Cool and then slice and enjoy. Or just gather your besties, pull it from the oven, and pile it high with ice cream and dig right in.