This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are decadently chocolatey, thick and chewy! They have just a hint of salt to really make the chocolate pop!
Salty sweet. Debatably the best combo ever
Have you ever eaten a chocolate chip cookie promising to be double chocolate only be left wondering, “yeah, but where’s the chocolate?”
Me too! It’s one of life’s great disappointments. Much like the “Pumpkin Spice Donut Let Down” that led to developing the best pumpkin spice donut recipe or the drive to perfect chewy white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.
These are NOT those cookies. Just as in my Chocolate Cupcakes, here the chocolate is present and accounted for in every single bite.
Wait? Is that a touch of Maldon sea salt at the finish?
Oh yeah. Bring it salted chocolate. Bring it.
And just in case you weren’t sold yet…These Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies taste like fudgy brownies and thick chocolate chip cookies were magically combined into one. I like to pair them with a batch of brown butter chocolate chip cookies for a great cookie plate or gift!
Rich, chewy and super chocolatey. With just a hint of salt.
The salt both amplifies and balances the chocolate, so you are just left with one sensational chocolate cookie melting in your mouth.
There is no chilling overnight and they are incredibly easy to pull together, so you can have a triple chocolate chip cookie melting in your mouth in under 45 minutes.
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Cream butter and sugar until light in fluffy in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla. Pour in the chocolate and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients followed by chocolate chips.
- Scoop with a large scoop, flatten slightly on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with maldon if desired. Chill 30 minutes, or wrap and refrigerate up to a week or freeze up to a month.
- Bake 350F, 7-8 minutes until edges are set and middle is no longer glossy looking.