These are the BEST Double Chocolate Biscotti. They have a rich chocolate flavor and additional chocolate throughout! Dip one of these into your morning coffee and be transported to a Tuscan villa. ☀️
Day 8 of the annual 12 Days of Christmas Cookies 2021!
Truthfully, I’ve never been much of a biscotti fan. In my experience they were basically always sad, dry cookies that actually removed all the moisture from your mouth. Why would I want to eat a cookie that required me to dip it in a beverage to be delicious?
Certainly not this chewy cookie fanatic!
I made a delightful Ginger Biscotti several years ago that I enjoyed but I still didn’t understand the obsession.
That was until my Mom and I took a little mother daughter trip to Italy in 2019. We started in Florence and basically ate our way around the city, stopping to take in all the architecture, key tourist places and museums. It was epic.
In the name of “research” for an Italian restaurant that I was opening with Chef Marc, I decided to try as many Italian cookies as possible. (It is a tough job, but somebody has to do it ?)
We found this little market and I grabbed a large bag of biscotti to nibble on as we meandered throughout. ?
Life changing. There were a lot of flavors that I loved but I ADORED the chocolate white chocolate biscotti.
As soon as I hit State-side, I set to recreating the flavor and texture of that rich, deep chocolate biscotti. What I also learned was that it isn’t baked until it is rock hard! It is baked the second time just until crispy around the outside but still a little soft in the center. It dries out over time as it sits waiting for you to enjoy it with your afternoon coffee. Just the pick-me-up we all need this time of the year!
So with that I leave you with the Best Double Chocolate Biscotti recipe to power you through your Holiday shopping and decorating. A little bit of you-time in all the hustle and bustle.
Day 7 (Part 2) of the annual 12 Days of Christmas Cookies 2021 were Cinnamon Almond Bars!
Traditional Raspberry Linzer Cookies were Day 7 (Part 1) of 12 Days of Christmas Cookies 2021!
These Cardamom Crescent Cookies were Day 6!
We adored Part 2 of Day 5: the traditional Pfeffernüsse Cookies!
Part 1 of Day 5 was the wondrous: Moravian Christmas Cookie!
We all loved Day 4 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Orange Financiers!
Day 3 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Pistachio Cranberry Sablee Cookies!
We had Day 2 of the 12 Day Christmas Cookie celebration: Cashew Caramel Pretzel Blondies!
Don’t forget about Part One of Day 2 of the 12 Day Cookie Extravaganza: Hungarian Walnut Rolls!
And who could leave out Day 1, Italian Pizzelles!? Make them all!
The BEST Double Chocolate Biscotti
- 190 g All Purpose Flour
- 40 g Cocoa powder
- 175 g Sugar
- 5 g Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 67 g Butter (cubed, cold)
- 5 g Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 43 g Milk
- 83 g Semi sweet dark chocolate (chopped or chocolate chips)
- Turbinado & heavy cream (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter on low speed until no visible butter remains.
- Whisk together the vanilla, egg and milk; slowly pour into the mixer on low speed. Add dark chocolate before completely combined. Mix just until combined.
- Shape into one log about 2 inches wide on a parchment lined baking sheet. Chill until firm. Brush with heavy cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake in preheated oven until edges are set and cookies are cooked through. The center will provide a little resistance when pressed gently. You can also use a cake tester but it might be difficult to discern batter from melted chocolate!
- Cool completely and slice on a bias with a serrated knife. They slice cleaner the second day. Wrap well and allow to sit overnight.
- Place on baking sheet and bake until edges are crispy.
Leave a Comment!