These Peppermint Triple Chocolate Brownies are rich, decadent, and festive! Chewy brownies topped with an easy peppermint frosting!
Did you think I could actually make it through the Christmas Season without posting a peppermint treat? Impossible!
To be honest, it took me this long because I was a little scarred after making 1,500 peppermint swirl cookies (similar to these). I didn’t really know what I was getting myself into when I decided to sell Holiday pies and cookie tins. How many would I actually sell? LOL.
The joke was on me because the answer was hundreds. 9,000 cookies later, I did actually live to tell about it. Barely.
These brownies weren’t in the tins but they are everything holiday baking stands for: rich, decadent, and nostalgic. While the peppermint frosting is incredibly easy, the brownies have a few more steps than your run-of-the-mill box mix.
Sometimes the best is simple, but sometimes being the best takes a little more work! ?
To break it down, we are going to beat the eggs and the sugar together (called a whole egg foam) until the ribbon stage and then we’ll pour the melted butter and chocolate into whipping egg foam. A touch extra all in the name of extra rich and chewy brownies!
Tips for amazing Peppermint Triple Chocolate Brownies:
- Melting the cocoa powder with the butter and dark chocolate makes it easier to incorporate into the batter and will result in a more intense chocolate brownie! If you forget, just whisk it into the dry ingredients.
- Make sure the chocolate mixture is melted but not hot. I usually start melting while I scale the remaining ingredients. As soon as it is melted, I remove it from the heat and set on a kitchen towel until I am ready. Heating gently in a bowl set over simmering water also helps here. If it gets too hot, just wait and let it cool down.
- It is important that the eggs and sugar are at ribbon stage. This is the main leavening in the brownie and it will give you that chewy texture. You know you’ve reached ribbon stage when you let the egg foam run off the whisk as you move it over the bowl and it sits on top of the rest of the batter briefly before disappearing back into the foam.
If you would rather slather this peppermint frosting on an easier, yet still amazing, brownie, then this one is for you! No judgement here. One bowl, one pan, one damn delicious brownie. Seasons Greetings! ??
Peppermint Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 96 g All Purpose Flour
- 40 g Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Espresso powder
- 170 g Butter
- 85 g 70% Chocolate
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 300 g Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a pan with cris-crossed parchment paper to create a handle.
- In a large bain or bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and espresso powder; Set aside
- Melt together the butter and Chocolate over a bain marie.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with the vanilla and add sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate and whisk to incorporate.
- Fold in the flour mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes or until the middle of the brownie has puffed. Cool completely before icing or removing
Leave a Comment!