This easy Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting is all made in one bowl! A tender, moist, perfectly spiced pumpkin cake layered with cinnamon cream cheese frosting!
Calling all my Pumpkin Spice Loving Peeps! ?
I’ve made you a cake to celebrate the beginning of Fall. Yes, a whole cake! As if anything less would do.
That’s not true; my Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes would totally do the season justice!
Somehow layers just make it feel extra special! I also think I’ve outdone myself with this cake. It is so moist and ridiculously easy to make.
Substitutions in your Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Canola Oil: feel free to use a flavorless oil of your choice. You can use coconut but it will impart a flavor on the cake.
- 3 Layers: You can absolutely divide this batter between three layers and make a fabulous three layer cake instead!
- Spices: I added a little flare to the BEST Cream Cheese Buttercream recipe by adding ground cinnamon, but you could use plain or go crazy with pumpkin pie spice or even a dash of maple extract.
Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2, 9” round pans with parchment
- In a bowl whisk together baking powder, baking soda, salt , pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs followed by the oil until emulsified. Whisk in the sugar and light brown sugar followed by the pumpkin puree.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until very few lumps remain.
- Divide between prepared pans and bake in preheated oven, 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and the center springs back when pressed lightly.