This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is the best Fudgy Brownie Recipe! They taste like a better version of your favorite box mix! They have that cakey yet fudgy texture that we all grew up on!
Whether you are an edge person or a middle brownie person, these brownies will rock your world! The edges have that crispy chew and the centers are delightfully fudgy and soft!
Now you know me and I want my chocolate desserts to taste rich and chocolatey, so you know I couldn’t just let cocoa powder do all the heavy lifting! I invited melted bittersweet chocolate and an epic amount of butter to this party. But it is still easy to mix and it all comes together with a whisk and a little elbow grease.
So pick your favorite frosting or let them shine all on their own!
Frosting Suggestions for Your Fudgy Brownies
- Lemon American Buttercream
- The Best Cream Cheese Buttercream
- Chocolate Fudge Glaze
- Peppermint American Buttercream
- Homemade Marshmallow Frosting
Also, might I suggest that these brownies would be the perfect vessel for all your favorite candy mix-ins?! I’m thinking Reese’s but I’m ALWAYS thinking Reese’s! They’d also be delightful with butterscotch chips, or you could go completely in a butterscotch direction and make a batch of butterscotch brownies as well!
This better than boxed brownies recipe is a chewy fudge brownie recipe that tastes like home. These rich brownies with cocoa powder are so much better than box mix brownies that you’ll be the most popular table at the bake sale. Chewy and simply divine!
Fudgy Brownie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a 9×11 inch pan with criss-crossed parchment paper to create a handle.
- In a large bain or bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder; set aside.
- Melt together the butter and chocolate over a bain marie.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and add sugar and extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate; whisk to incorporate.
- Whisk in the flour mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 38-40 minutes or until the middle of the brownie has puffed and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely before icing or removing from pan.